Monday 21 May 2012

Digital Stamps

Lisa has created the most adorable digital stamps that you can buy at Clear Dollar Stamps and she's giving away blog candy HERE. All you have to do is leave a comment to enter.

I'm still pretty new to digital stamps - you print them from your computer onto cardstock and then make a card, so this was a really fun learning experience. Using digital stamps gives you flexibility in sizing the image which is something I've had fun with while making these cards.

Here are the cards I made with "Ties for Him".


This one will be for my dad from the kids. I used the "Grandpa" as background (it printed straight - I just cut it on an angle) and coloured the "Tall Stripes" tie with copics and stickles. I attached the tie only at the top, so it has a hidden surprise.....







For this card, I resized and lined up a bunch of the different ties and centred them over the sentiment (the first and fifth tie are the same one I used for the previous card, just shrunk way down!).


Then I made a baby card with "Bumbles".


For this card, I chose two bees, positioned them and then sized them to represent a new family (papa, mama and baby). I coloured the wings on the whisper white panel, and then printed the image again onto vellum and stickled and paper pieced the wings for sparkle and dimension, with the colour underneath the wings showing through. I added black pearl pen for the eyes and finished off by creating a border with the chisel tip ends of the same copic markers I used to colour the bees. I made up the somewhat cheeky sentiment, so please don't blame Lisa if you don't like it! lol!

I'm not sure that I'll convert completely to digital stamps quite yet, but I've definitely learned enough to want to try it again!

6 comments:

  1. I love the 2nd card...wonderful CAS design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your creations you made with the May digis Ardyth. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful cards, but i'm falling in love with the bees ♥,
    ...they are so cute!

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE your tie that opens up, and the text on the angle!!! What a great Father's Day card!!! Very graphic and different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ardyth, I LOVE ties and your cards are so creative! That grandpa card opens up so COOL! Your bees are adorable - I love the dimension you colored into them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT use of digi stamps - I'm still getting to grips with them too! Adds more scope for sure! The bee card is SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.