Friday 21 September 2012

The Fall Birthday Rush Begins....


I'm starting to play around with all the birthday cards I need to make for my niece and five nephews who have their birthdays between October 4 and December 11. Even though my niece's birthday is not first, I find making the boys' cards harder, so I left them for later! I like this colour combination (in fact, I used it for her birthday last year, too!). The layout was inspired by a front door I saw on my walk this morning - it was all one colour (pale natural wood), but definitely had the half-circle panel on the left side, where the door knob was. (Glad I remembered it long enough to actually make the card! lol!) I masked the circle before stamping the stripes (Papertrey Faux Ribbon) and adding sparkly stripes with Stardust Stickles. I used The Stamps of Life Mini4ABC for the 'sentiment'.

This year's card is a little sleeker than last year's card, which I found in my old photos (pre-blog!). Here's the telescoping card I made for Ellie last year. Obviously, these photos were taken before I realized that she was only turning 11 at that time (easily fixed, before I gave it to her!). 






13 comments:

  1. Both cards are brilliant but I do prefer the CAS style of this year's and hope she will love it as much as I'm sure she did last years!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are the queen of CAS!! Love this card with the word for her age! The touch of bling is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both a such cute cute cards Ardyth! You definitely made a gorgeous one this year! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth, your card is brilliant! So CAS, fun, bright and just plain gorgeous! Love your work.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bright colours, the strips are fab, a super card, Ardyth. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for at 12 year old...love the graphic design. BTW I find girl cards easier too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super b.d. card! Love your colorful, sparkly design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, the design on your twelve card. It is so bright and cheerful and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. neat! I love the graphic feel of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the stripes and colors Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack, stunning, stunning card, Ardyth!! I am so in love with your 12 card. The masking is genius! And I love your 11 card too ... interesting idea to have the three circles swivel out. Filing that one away.

    OK, now I'm going to shut up, and just enjoy going through the rest of your blog. My husband has asked several times about dinner. I have to catch up, though, what can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colours. Love last year's card, too, although this year's certainly has a calmer feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.