Monday 17 June 2013

Snowbirds


As you can see, the rain cleared up and we had a wonderful time at the Air show. There were lots of old WWII planes (one of the only two remaining Lancasters, and the only remaining working Mosquito, as well as Spitfires and Hurricanes), a Lysander, an aeronautic stunt team of 3 Harvards, some WWI replica planes and of course, Squadron 431, the Snowbirds.  (My son, above, has a flight jacket with their squadron patches on it). I didn't take too many pictures, because, really, the fun is watching the action rather than trying to record it! But here are some of the 50 various manouevres that the Snowbirds performed.

Add caption




While I can honestly say that I would probably have chosen crafting over the Air Show (you would have, too, admit it!), I did have a good time hanging out with my son and my dad, and we're already making plans for the 'big' airshow that happens on Labour Day weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Handsome son, Ardy! Great photos of the show, too!! You and your son have made precious memories of this time with each other and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Yes, I know how you feel about airshows. I had to go with my husband to an airshow this spring. Although there were parts that I really thought were cool I would have rather been crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pix - my hubby would be very jealous of your airshow

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A handsome young man and great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is so handsome! Love the pictures against the gorgeous sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome young man your son is, Ardyth ... sounds as though you had a cool time (without crafting!) ... these are wonderful photographs! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have a good-looking son! The sky is so beautiful. I haven't been to an air show for two decades. As much as I enjoyed back then, I, like you, would rather be crafting or ... . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome young man...so evidently proud to be wearing his squadron jacket!

    Love your butterfly card. Fabulous colors, beautiful technique, stunning results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, no. I would choose the airshow! Snowbirds were here training a couple of weeks ago and flew over my house 3 days in a row. So cool.

    Your son looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.