Saturday 14 May 2016

FS484 - Happy Birthday


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Amber (aka sprtchick). Amber has a really amazing gallery full of pretty, classic-feeling cards and as always, I started by doing a quick run through and choosing 3 or 4 that jumped out at me. Then I examined each one before finalizing my decision - this is the one for this week:



I focused on Amber's:
-colours including the yellow base
-butterfly theme
-black sentiment on the right hand side

I changed:
-the amount of yellow
-fewer layers on my sentiment
-fewer butterflies
-no ribbon or brads

I used:
-MFT Delicious Birthday
-MFT Birthday Wishes and Balloons
-MFT butterfly die (retired)
-Kuretake Gansai Tambi*
-MFT Pierced Square die
-Wink of Stella

I gave this card to my friend Tasha for her birthday at our crafty day at Tracey's house today:


Stephanie, Kate,  Brooklyn and Lindsey were there (Lindsey escaped before the photo session), but we missed Emily, who couldn't join us today.

I baked a chocolate cake to celebrate and we all had a wonderful time!




*the butterflies were cut from the first panel I made when I was making this card (I embossed in silver rather than white and didn't feel there was enough contrast). I knew if I held onto it, it would get used somehow!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and awesome photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, really like the colourful butterflies.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those butterflies Ardyth - I too use scraps of 'unsuccessful' paper for such things as butterflies and flowers
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and a super cute group of crafters!! Your cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your watercolour butterflies are a stand out in another gorgeous CAS creation. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, cool pics and a yummy cake! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friends, chocolate cake and crafting...life could not get any better than this!!!

    Adore your sweet CAS version of Amber's card. The yellow panel REALLY sets off the colored butterflies beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fluttery butterflies, Ardyth ... those saturated colours are stunning! Sounds as though your craft day together was brilliant ... so fun ... and with yummy home baked chocolate cake ... sooo delicious! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have to CASE this! I love the watercoloured butterflies. And in case anyone's wondering, the cake is as delicious as it looks. ;)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.