Saturday 16 March 2013

OLW130 Remake



Look familiar? This card looked like this last week:



I really liked the idea of the tiny focal point, but when I tried to picture myself actually sending this card to someone, I realized I didn't feel like it was finished. (interestingly, my friend Janet had the same feeling! And BTW, what a wonderful feeling to go to Janet's blog and see that she had CASed me - the ultimate compliment! )

I added a dramatic black card base, cut out a bigger circle from the centre of the white panel to create a large black circular frame, popped up the centre circle panel and edged it with some sparkle and now I know EXACTLY who to send it to.

It's been a busy week (March break here) and I feel like I haven't been able to completely keep up with all my commenting and blog viewing. We had a ton of fun but I'm also a girl who loves routine, so I can't say I won't be looking forward to Monday, when the kids head off to school and 'normal' life resumes for a while!

14 comments:

  1. Great to see your "improvements" so you can send it out. I must say that I LOVED the original idea - but not sure a non-stamper or someone who doesn't get CAS design would have appreciated it. I think I may stamp something in HA Wet Cement on mine to go with the matt silver brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A definite improvement! The first one was maybe a bit too "cas"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on routine...I LOVE it! I loved the original and I love this one too...really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I like the original, I really, really like the redo! The addition of the black makes the sentiment pop. And I always like a touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this redo. It brings back happy memories of stacks of 45 records when I was really young. Happy memories equals good card! Love that little pop of red right in the center. Have a good weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the original and I love this ... I'm with Bev, the first thing I thought of was vinyl records (which are apparently very trendy these days!) The popped up centre gives it movement ... it could almost be spinning on a turntable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am I the only one seeing a vinyl record? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto - definitely reminds me of a 45 single. Would make a great male card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of an LP now.... brilliant redo Ardyth :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see that I'm not alone in the remake department! Definitely more dramatic in a bolder way as compared to a softer, yet still dynamic look of version one! Love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the redo! Both are great cards though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I love the 2nd version too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first thought was Magic 8 Ball, but now I do see a 45 record after seeing the comments. A hallmark of great design, I think, multiple interpretations of the same image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This definitely gives the focal point more visual weight. And now that I see the comments about it looking like a record, I'm thinking I'll have to CASE this for my husband's 40th b-day. He'll love it. I won't use pink!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.