Thursday 1 August 2013

A Blog Named Hero - Recycling Challenge


It's August 1 (how did THAT happen!?) and time for a new challenge at A Blog Named Hero.


Many of you know that usually when I make a card, a few of the first attempts often end up in the recycling, but I rarely set out to recycle something to use in a card. But there's lots of things you could use - some pretty packaging, old gift wrap or ribbon, I even considered using the rim as a yogurt tub as a stamp. In the end, I had some bubble wrap from a recently-arrived package from GinaK, and I decided to see how that would ink up.

I used Versamark on the bubbles and then overstamped in Neon pink with the heart from the Brush Strokes set. Because the pink was still wet when I put embossing powder on it, it also was embossed and stayed nice and bright when I sponged London Fog ink over top. I love how the white and pink really pop! I loved it so much I made another one!



Remember if you play along, you'll be eligible to win a $25 Gift Voucher to Simon Says Stamp!



Can't wait to see what you recycle to make your creation!

Supplies:

7 comments:

  1. Like the crackled look of the stamped bubble below the brushstroke heart! Waaay cool! :) When I stamped w/my bubble pack it didn't turn out that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that colour combo! The pink certainly pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and wonderful colours and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so now I must add RESOURCEFUL to my "Why I'm In Awe of Ardyth List"....yes, I really do have several Ardyth lists!

    Ingenious, fun, vibrant, shabby chic meets shabby retro! The vibrant pink totally rocks these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I've stamped with bubble wrap before, but I've never stamped just one large bubble ... it never even occurred to me! That's why I love stopping by so much, you always leave me inspired : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing! Like Kelly, I used bubble wrap to stamp, but not with the big bubble wrap....this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.