Friday 29 November 2013

Taking a Little Break

I'm going to take a couple of days off. I'm up to my eyeballs in Christmas cards for two of my friends. The sample I presented them has a very intricate die cut on it and I am now 'stuck' cutting 112 of them. (You can see them next week when they're all finished). I don't mind, really, but it does take time. Plus we're trying to get the tree up and I'm trying to keep up with my DT work and there's always lots of blog-visiting and commenting to be done! I'm not complaining, just explaining why I won't be here until Sunday.

Until then, here's some photos of me and the other Salvation Army Timbrellists (and the band) at the Santa Claus parade a couple of weeks ago:




And now that we're unpacking Christmas boxes, here's a photo of the gift bags my mom made for us (mentioned here) so you can see the different patterns and sizes. (All sizes come in each pattern - I really can't tell you how much I treasure these bags!!). If you're a sewer, they're probably not that difficult to make, but alas, that is a gene I did not inherit...


Finally, I went to our craft show yesterday (the place where I normally buy Tickleberry's for the teachers). Rest assured, I bought some (for me!) but then I found these sheets of chocolate bark that I think look very elegant and bought them for the teachers instead. I'm going to swap out the black ribbon for red and add my handmade tags. What do you think? (Espresso, Peppermint, Cherry and Orange flavours).



12 comments:

  1. Good luck with making so maney cards! The giftbags are great and the presents will look perfect with red ribbon! Have an inky and fun weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute in your marching uniform! :-) 112 cards with an intricate die cut? I'm not sure I'd have the stamina! I'm still figuring out how to make about 8 teachers' gifts and 50 kid's Christmas cards in the next two days... with no ideas... if you were closer, I'd get you to grab me some of that delicious looking chocolate bark...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that myself, offer a design that takes a lot of work, then realise your mistake only after they say Ooh I love that one! I did 120 wedding invitations, orders of service, reception directions and gift list with a complex fussy (ie hand) cut rose design. Never again. Definitely use that waxed paper to help them pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures and the chocolate bark looks yummy...your tags will look awesome on it! Happy creating Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures! The chocolate bark does look yummy :). Happy crafting re your card projects. I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy teacher treats! Wish I lived in TO! My last visit to the One of a Kind Show was years ago.
    I really enjoy following your blog. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that must have been to march in the parade. I doesn't look too cold out which can sometimes make it a little difficult. I think red ribbon and your lovely tags will really spruce up that chocolate bark. Lucky teachers. I can't imagine making that many cards, and after you already made a ton for the church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo's, Ardyth ... the chocolate bark looks amazing (and yummy)... and will look even more so when you've worked your magic on it! Happy many-card-making, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous photos...love them and you look amazing! Good luck with your cards and decorations. I know they will all be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...espresso flavor for me :) Great pics of your marching band - quite the crew! It must have sounded awesome with all the tambourines!

    Good luck with the cards! I seriously can feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooohh. I think yum. Great idea. And love the parade photos. Were you a cheerleader in high school?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yay, love seeing you in the parade with your bells!

    The black bags will be so striking with your tags on top. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.