Sunday 9 February 2014

OLS2 - Can You Repeat That?


This month's One-Layer Simplicity challenge is to use repetition on your card. I just got this Yellow Owl Workshop set of two balloons (only one used here - the other says birthday). It has a childlike feel to it so I used bright basic colours (I see that some of my inkpads need to be reinked!) and then used a sharpie to draw the strings down to the Hero Arts 'birthday'. I chose the Sharpie because it is about the same thickness as the font of the black sentiment. I think that thinner strings would cause the card to look unbalanced. Another design tip - I notice when I'm overlapping inks like this, yellow can very quickly disappear underneath the other darker colours (see where it overlaps with the green? No? Exactly my point!), so I usually try to minimize the overlap so that it feels like there is an adequate amount of yellow in the design.

I'm also linking up to Less Is More 158  - One Layer Anything Goes.


16 comments:

  1. So fun...what a fabulous way to say Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design tips! This is perfect Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and vibrant, Ardyth, with lots of colourful energy! Thanks for the tip ... I'd never have thought of it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great fun Ardyth!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card and love the lay-out! Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this fun, festive, colorful b.d. card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright fun colors of the balloons here, Ardyth. This is so sweet and a surefire winner! Great card! Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, my Great Mind buddy! Clearly the bold and bright balloon thought was floating around today! :) I love this balloon stamp! I just went over to the Yellow Owl Workshop. Oh dear me. So much cuteness!
    I like how you pointed out the use of the Sharpie. It's something that most of us probably wouldn't think of but it makes so much sense...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're educating us as well as inspiring us. This is a bright and cheerful card that makes me happy, happy, happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so cheerful and fun. It's a great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish i could repeat that!
    Beautiful stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice card, like how the sentiment is hanging on the balloons

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an awesome card. Thanks for the tip about yellow. I never thought about that, but I see what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great happy birthday card, lovely bright colours :D

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.