Sunday 14 February 2016

FS471 - Happy Valentine's Day


This week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper is Michele G. This is the card I chose for inspiration:



I was intrigued by the black shadows down the left side - when I saw the thumbnail, I thought they were stamped, which is where my idea came in.

I focused on:
-colour scheme
-focal point down left side
-texture on right side

I changed:
-amount of black 'layer' by just having it down my 'love' panel
-amount of texture (I used 'faux' embossing by gluing white hearts above  my sentiment
-added a sentiment

I used:
Avery Elle Handwritten Notes
Papertrey Ink Keep It Simple: Valentines
Impression Obsession hearts die

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful in B&W, Ardyth!!!! Love the black strip and the repeated stamping and the cute little hearts!!!! So lovely!!
    Have a great VD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!
    Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SA-WEET stamping! That is a whole lot of perfectly stamped images! "LOVE" it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspired way to CASE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool and crisp and so wonderfully CAS, Ardyth ... fab monochrome! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.