Sunday 7 May 2017

FS535 - Hello Love


Congratulations to this week's Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper Lynda (aka JustCallMeNana) !

I chose this card as my inspiration:



I focused on:
-rainbow strip
-lifted watercolour technique
-layout

I changed:
-no tag for sentiment
-black die cuts and card base instead of white
-sequins instead of hearts

I used:
-SugarPea Designs Talk is Chic
-SugarPea Designs Heart Journal Card

I learned about this technique from Lynda, who learned from Jennifer McGuire. It gives really fun results by 'trapping' vibrant colour under clear embossing before lifting some of the watercolour away. I made a quick video:


6 comments:

  1. Love this card. Thx for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thanks for the short video showing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique, Ardyth, and I'm glad you showed it in your video. I know I saw Jennifer's but I have a tendency to forget since there are so many ideas floating around out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another technique you've tried out first, so I can try next. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous card Miss Ardyth....this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cool! Love the bright colors. Can't get the video to open (at work) but will definitely be checking it out at home this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.