Thursday 1 February 2018

MCV92 - Joy to the World



My THIRD post today! I hope you're not getting sick of me - there's so much going on around here!


This is my card for the current Muse: ChristmasVisions challenge where Chriss gave us this sweet inspiration:

I focused on Chriss':
-wreath and berries
-bird
-Joy to the World sentiment

I started by stamping the two birds and creating masks for them. I then stamped the wreath, turned it and stamped it again in another colour - this gives depth and interest, I think. I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the wreath and then added some berries.

The sentiment is from the Winterhaven Stamp of Approval collection that sold out when it was released and is not yet available in the store. And (oops!) I may have sneaked one of Catherine's newest inks, which will be released in a couple of weeks. Hint - it's not Rockin' Red or Eucalyptus, and it will be very well loved for Christmas cards (or other times you're looking for a Spruce green).

I used:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Ardyth. I had been thinking of using the Wonderful wreath set (including these sweet birdies) for my Muse card. I had not started yet, so I suppose I had better think of something else instead or copying your design. Except for that new and beautiful red CP ink of course.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous wreath and so perfect with the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty take on Chriss's card! My muse seems to have gone missing for this Muse challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your wreath, so beautiful and sheer in any way. And it´s a fantastic card...as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The masked birds are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the inspiration post Ardyth - love how you have added interest to the wreath by layering the stamping
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to remember this for a Christmas challenge, Ardyth, because I do have those sets.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.